Here's a commonly seen scenario in the Blogger Help Group forums. You just migrated your Blogger account to Google authentication (Blogger Beta). You own a portion of a team blog, and you're hoping to migrate it too.
- You have access to the blog, but it's annotated with
This blog is still on the old version of Blogger.
- You go to post to the blog, and now you get
The blog you were looking for has moved to the new Blogger.
- And not all of the other team members can access the blog, to post or make comments.
From Pete Kennedy: beta switch - can't post - yes me too...HELP, a subsequent reply by Jordan aka Blogger Employee: Can't access team blog from any account, and Blogger Help: What happens when team blogs switch to Blogger in beta?, we learn the current rules of the game:
- Beta blogs can be accessed only from Beta accounts. Beta blogs will acknowledge only members with Beta accounts (migrated, or native).
- After the owner of a blog migrates it to Beta, all team members will see the blog in their dashboard but be unable to access it, until they too migrate to Beta.
- If a team member migrates their account to Beta before the owner of a team blog does so, that person will see a Beta dashboard. Clicking on the team blog will lead to a Classic posts, settings, and template editor.
- If you delete or remove the original owner account of a blog, the blog will be owned equally by all remaining administrators.
- All owners will have to migrate their accounts, before the blog can be migrated.
- Once the original owner account has been removed, that account has lost ownership. Re adding / reactivating that account leaves it in equal status with the other owners.
In other words, if possible:
- Migrate all member accounts to Beta before migrating any team blogs.
- If any team members can't migrate their account to Beta (because of other team membership relationships), they can setup a Beta account for accessing Beta blogs, while continuing to use their current Classic account to access Classic blogs.
- Before migrating your Blogger account to Blogger Beta, make sure that your account is eligible to migrate any key blogs.
- If you have any team blogs where the original owner account is not available for migration first, pick one account and make it the new owner.
- Remove all other accounts from the blog.
- Migrate the new owner account.
- Migrate the blog in question.
- Re add all secondary administrator accounts.