Welcome to The Real Blogger Status - Beta. Please note the warnings (as of 6/13: 0 active), and the alerts (as of 1/10/2007: 5 active).

Please be aware of the naming variances in this blog. You will find various references to "Classic" / "Old Template 2006" Blogger, and to "Beta" / "New Template 2006" Blogger.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Guess What?

The Real Blogger Status Beta joined the ranks of the unhappy Bloggers, but just temporarily.

In my case, it was a feed problem. I removed 2 feeds, saved settings, and it's back online.

And I reported the problem to Blogger Support. Just got a reply, which looks to be from a person:

Thanks for letting us know about this bug with Blogger in beta. You were receiving this error due to Blogger not recognizing the URL you you entered into the Feed page element as a valid feed URL. We're looking into it and hope to have it fixed as soon as possible. In the meantime, to avoid this problem simply remove this page element from your blog and it should appear correctly. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Danish
The Blogger Team

5 comments:

Rob said...

thank you. i was having the same issue and this tip about bad feeds fixed me right up. Bad feed, bad bad!

Christan = ) said...

I have a question about placing the info on my new beta blog for the google sitemap verification. I'm not a pro at this stuff and this new beta won't let me put the info anywhere.
I don't quite know what a RSS site feed is, so don't know if I'm in the right place to ask that question!! Thanks and your site has been a huge help to me!!

Chuck said...

Hi Christan,

Your question is going thru a few heads right now - including mine. I don't know that anybody has found a way of putting any meta records into a Beta blog. No keywords, no verification record.

Let's keep pestering Blogger for a solution. I don't think anybody with any ambition for his blogs future (which includes search engine friendliness) can totally move to a Beta blog.

Christan = ) said...

Well, I appreciate the help even if there is none!! At least I know that I'm not the only one. Will keep an eye out for the solution as yes, I would like a future for my blog!!

Chuck said...

Christan,

Knowing that there is no solution will never be as good as having a solution. But it's better than not knowing that there is no solution.

And, I added it to my list of known design deficiencies in Blogger Beta.

And realising that it's a total show stopper for many (including me), I developed a mirror strategy using a Classic Blog, and a Beta Blog, in a pair.