Welcome to The Real Blogger Status - Beta. Please note the warnings (as of 6/13: 0 active), and the alerts (as of 1/10/2007: 5 active).

Please be aware of the naming variances in this blog. You will find various references to "Classic" / "Old Template 2006" Blogger, and to "Beta" / "New Template 2006" Blogger.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Beta Blogs: My 3 Week Evaluation

So today in Google Blogger Help - Customizing Templates: Will we all have to switch to Beta Layout?, we see the question on the mind of many:

...do you think Blogger will forse us all to switch to layouts?


I personally think we will all eventually want to switch. Blogger Beta is so much better than Blogger Classic, for those who publish to Blog*Spot anyway. Whenever I edit The Real Blogger Status, or PChuck's Network, I feel like I'm working in a 2 dimensional world, where editing The Real Blogger Status - Beta is 3 dimensional.

If you don't though, you will have the ability to edit the HTML directly ("raw HTML edit"). Maybe it would be good to see if that will work, though.

So it's time to evaluate what we have, and to decide where to go from here. My gut feel is
  • Eventually, everybody will want to switch, or
  • Nobody will care, or
  • We will all be better off switching.

Having said that, I intend to keep The Real Blogger Status - Classic as a Classic blog, until it's the last known Classic blog. So we will see.

And I think that a more robust evaluation is certainly in order.

No comments: