Please be aware of the naming variances in this blog. You will find various references to "Classic" / "Old Template 2006" Blogger, and to "Beta" / "New Template 2006" Blogger.
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
This is a nice accessory, to give your blog readers a chance to see you, as a person. Or, if you have a blog with multiple contributors, to see each contributor.
It's a pretty simple page element, with limited possibilities.
- If the blog has multiple contributors, it will show a list of the contributors, with links to their Google profiles.
- If the blog has just one contributor, it shows a few things.
- The picture, from the Google profile.
- A few basic facts, that you can change at will.
- A link to your Google profile.
What you can change is pretty limited.
- You can remove the page element itself.
- You can prevent it from showing a page element, if there is only 1 contributor.
- You can add a few details about yourself, to show if there is only 1 contributor.
If you need more granularity, say you don't want your photo, or the link to your Google profile, just remove the page element, or turn off "Share my profile".
- If you just want your picture, and a short caption, add a Picture page element.
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
The template in a Layouts blog is written in XML. You can't use HTML in a Layouts template.
For those of us who are used to HTML, that's a major problem. But it shouldn't be.
Whatever you could do under Old Blogger, you can do in Layouts Blogger, but you don't edit the template. An very few examples:
- Hidden linklists.
- Linklists with pictures.
- Multi-Style Topics.
- Videos from Google Video, or YouTube.
- Visitor meters.
And since you don't edit the template, if you want to change to another template, just select Pick New Template. All page elements that you setup in this template will work equally as well in the next.